In spirit of my last fall favorites post, here are some of my favorite fall cocktail recipes and ones I hope to try this season! Perfect beverages to try whether it be for a cozy night in or for serving at an autumn party. Enjoy.
- Boil an ounce or two of rum in a glass.
- Top with apple cider (one part rum // four parts apple cider).
- *You can add it over ice or warm. The choice is yours!
- Top with a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Pomegranate & Ginger Spritzer
- 1 cup of fresh pomegranate juice (juice from 2 – 3 pomegranate)
- 2 t lime or lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar (you could add 1/2 cup)
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger thinly sliced
- lime/ lemon wedges to serve
- pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Put all the above ingredients in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer of a low heat for about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool and strain the liquid into a jug to serve.
Cider Rum Punch
- 8 ounces dark rum
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 4 ounces thyme simple syrup
- 12 ounces apple cider
- 4 ounces water
- 4 ounces club soda
- 8 dashed of Angostura Bitters
- sprigs of thyme, garnish
- apple wheels, garnish
- To make thyme simple syrup, combine 2 cups sugar, 1 1/2 cups of water and 6 thyme sprigs in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring up to a boil and reduce to simmer, until the sugar has fully dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place the syrup in the fridge to cool.
- Place all the ingredients in a large picture or carafe with ice and stir.
- Fill your glasses with crushed ice and fill. Place a sprig of thyme inside and put an apple wheel on the rim.
Sparkling Blackberry Apple Cider
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 bottle sparkling apple cider.
- Fresh blackberries to garnish
- In the jar of a blender, add the berries and the water and puree on a high.
- Add ice to 6 glasses and add a heaping spoonful of blackberry puree to each glass.
- Add the cider to fill the glass and stir gently. Garnish with fresh blackberries.