Travel Love: Delray Beach
Writing this post has made me realize how much I miss the palm trees and sunshine from our short but very sweet trip to Florida three weeks ago! Tristan and I visited my family in Delray Beach where we soaked up the sunshine, lounged by the ocean, explored the intercoastal by boat, ate our way through the streets and admired the bright, beautiful colors and sights that this beachside town has to offer! If you're looking for a vacay with plenty of options when it comes to beaches, restaurants, bars and things to do - look no further than Delray Beach!
This was our first time visiting Delray Beach so we let my family take the lead on where the hot spots were to visit. Here are a few highlights of our must-visit places and things to do!
THINGS TO DO:
- Boat the intercoastal. If you know how to drive a boat, then boating the intercoastal is a must! We spent several hours out on the water soaking up the sunshine, some wine and all of the incredible sights from palm trees, vibrant colored houses to yachts, mansions and helicopters...You can even go out on boat tours of the intercoastal if you're not a pro at driving a boat and would rather have a captain to drive you around.
- Lounge by the beach, duh. Obviously a must for Florida. The ocean water feels like bath water it's so warm and the sand is so white and beautiful! I recommend scouting a beach and getting there early if you're looking to rent a cabana or chairs for the day. You can also rent paddle boards and boogie boards for the day at some beach clubs that offer a daily rate.
- Play a round of golf. I've been getting into golf lately and with so many golf course options in Florida we decided it was a must on our list of things to do! We visited my aunt and uncle's golf club and were able to rent clubs and a cart for a round of 18! If you're interested in playing, do your research on prices at golf courses, popular times of the year and get calling to reserve a tee time! Also ask about daily rates for cart rentals and clubs if you aren't packing your own!
- Take a day trip to Palm Beach. Palm Beach is a neighboring city not far from Delray Beach. If you're renting a car make the mini trek over to this adorable beach town with its fair share of restaurants, shopping and sights! If you want to experience a luxurious little gem in Palm Beach stop by The Breakers Hotel for the day. This hotel's grounds won't dissapoint.
PLACES TO EAT // Although we were only in Florida for five days, we were able to experience some amazing food throughout our trip some of which I can't wait to try again when we come back to visit!
Here are my restaurant highlights from our trip:
- J&J Seafood Bar and Grill - A more upscale restaurant great for date night with a mixed menu of land and sea. Call in advance to get a reservation or you'll be sorry!
- BurgerFi - Great for a beach day! Download the app and pick up your order to go! Also, their shakes are to die for.
- Cut 432 - The best steakhouse I've ever been to. I dare you to finish your plate! To avoid the risk of feeling bloated, order family style and share!
- Tramonti - Delicious Italian food with a great menu and an excellent spot for people watching on Atlantic Avenue. Definitely make a reservation for dinner or anticipate a wait.
- Dune Deck - A laid back open and airy restaurant with a great lunch menu (fish and chips and the lobster roll are my recommendations). Located in Palm Beach with a view of the ocean.
- SALT7 - Great place for happy hour with an inexpensive HH menu and great drinks. Get there early to ensure you get a spot on the patio.
- Sundy House - Beautiful atmosphere (ask to be seated outside in the garden!) and an incredible brunch menu.
Our trip was much too short and bittersweet, but we enjoyed every minute we got to spend with family soaking up the sunshine in this beach town that makes any six hour flight from Seattle worth the trip! I highly recommend Delray Beach for your next getaway.