I apologize for my lack of posts in the last couple of weeks, it's been quite the whirlwind with being out of town on various trips. One of which was an awesome weekend getaway from Seattle to Victoria, British Columbia.
Tristan and I scored a deal through the Victoria Clipper for a weekend roundtrip from the Seattle Pier to downtown Victoria with a hotel included. A weekend was the perfect amount of time to explore the beautiful and precious town that is Victoria. Neither of us had been before so it made for a fun opportunity to adventure through the city on foot. The weather was a bit stormy at times so we stayed close to downtown during our stay; however, if I visit Victoria on a sunnier weekend, I'll most likely look into renting a motor scooter to explore more of the island.
You still can tackle quite a bit on foot! We had a few locations in mind of what we wanted to see and photograph. The rest we just happily stumbled upon.
I also definitely recommend the following downtown spots if you get the chance to visit:
- British Columbia Parliament Building - in the center of downtown, a great place to photograph the monumental buildings and fountain and experience the core of downtown Victoria
- Empress Hotel - although we were bummed they ivy was no longer draped on the front of the building, it still was a beautiful brick building to photograph
- Beacon Hill Park / Children's Farm - we visited this park on our last day before departing, it had a fun children's petting zoo, the world's tallest totem pole and lots of beautiful greenery. We also stumbled across a rocky beach where we hung out, skipped rocks and soaked in the gray day.
- Swans Hotel & Brewpub - we indulged in pumpkin beer and soaked in the adorable atmosphere on the covered deck, what a cute spot!
- Pink Bicycle Burgers - our first meal in Victoria consisted of stuffing ourselves with delicious specialty burgers in this small lunch spot, so delicous!
- Fiamo - dinner was extremely enjoyable outside on the patio keeping warm with heat lamps and soaking in the fun string lighting atmosphere, not to mention, the pizzas were killer!
All and all a great trip with a wonderful adventure buddy! I truly recommend the trek to Victoria if you find the time, it's an adorable city and makes for a fun yet affordable getaway. Here are some highlights from our weekend stay: